Submission deadline is January 31, 2012.
Easels in Frederick is pleased to announce the recent selection of two highly regarded artists to serve as juror and judge.
Entry juror John Budicin will choose the 30 artist competitors and 5 alternates and Lori Putnam will be the awards judge.
Tuesday, June 19. Artists arrive in Frederick, are welcomed at The Delaplaine Arts Center, receive maps of the designated painting area, and meet their host families.
Wednesday-Friday, June 20-22. Be part of the downtown scene as the 30 juried artists work at their easels! Can't find them or you're looking for a specific artist? Stop by either Artist Information Center: The Delaplaine Arts Center or Downtown Frederick Partnership at 15 East Church Street (parking decks next door to both locations). Grab a map of the designated painting area and then take a stroll in the historic district to find the artists. They will be painting from sunrise to sunset each day and Friday until 4. Thursday, June 21st, will feature a special evening painting venue.
Saturday, June 23. Lots of activities!
- Quick Draw Competition and Sale. Location TBA. Start the day by watching the juried Easels competitors, along with other professional and amateur plein air artists, paint against the clock. Registered artists will set up their easels and paint in a designated area. When time is up, artists will move their easels to the check-in area for judging. Prizes will be awarded and winning paintings will be on exhibit at The Delaplaine for the Saturday night and Sunday afternoon exhibits. And, you can buy the painting of your choice right off the easel! Registration is open to anyone.
- 6:00 p.m., Award Judge's Talk, The Delaplaine. Lori Putnam will talk about the process of judging and selecting paintings for awardundefinedthe elements of a painting that make her stop and take a second look. Lori will illustrate her talk with photos of paintings in the Easels in Frederick exhibit and sale.
- 7:00-10:00 p.m., Collectors Champagne Preview Party, The Delaplaine. This ticketed event is your opportunity to be among the first to view and purchase competition paintings and talk with the artists who created them.
Sunday, June 24.
- 1:00 p.m., Award Judge's Talk, The Delaplaine. Lori Putnam will repeat her talk about the process of judging and selecting paintings for award.
- 1:00-5:00 p.m., Public exhibit and sale.
These plein air paintings will be on exhibit on Saturday and Sunday, June 23 and 24