"Artist Member" Information
Applications are accepted from Nov 15 through Jan 31.
Download the application and instructions
MAPAPA Artist Member Application in Word.docx
MAPAPA Artist Member Application in PDF.pdf
View the current Artist Members
Artist Member Definition
An Artist Member is an accomplished Plein Air painter.
- They have been an active and participating MAPAPA member for a minimum of 3 years.
- They have been juried in to at least 3 regional Plein Air Events such at Paint Annapolis, Easton, Wayne.
- They also should demonstrate a commitment to MAPAPA and Plein Air painting. This can include but not be limited to: organizing and participating in Paint-Outs or Paint-Outs Plus, communicating artist opportunities, contributing to the newsletter and website, volunteering on behalf of MAPAPA or serving on the Board.
Criteria & Procedure for MAPAPA Artist Membership
Members in good standing can apply one time per year for Artist Membership. The applications will be evaluated by the annual Jurying Committee, consisting of 5-7 Artist Members and/or Signature Members approved by the Board of Directors for this purpose.
At the discretion of the Board of Directors an art industry expert who is not a MAPAPA Member may also be invited to the Jurying Committee. There will be no minium or maximum number of Artist Members considered or accepted each year
Please submit via one email a completed Artist Member Application. A current Bio or Artist Statement and (8) of your best paintings completed within the last 2 years. Choose paintings demonstrating strong compositions, quality of paint and your range and maturity as a painter. Submit quality scans. Follow specs carefully!
Also if desired, you may submit a letter of recommendation by a recognized professional in the field of art. Examples: Current Artist Members, Professors, Curators, Gallery Directors, Art Educators. This letter should explain WHY the applying artist meets the Artist Member definition
- Completed Artist Member Application
- Bio or Artist Statement
- Send Jpeg images of your (8) best paintings
- Save each image as a Jpeg file at 100 dpi
- Longest dimension to fit within (400 x400ppi or 4 x4”)
- Each image should be under 200KB.
- Name each file with consecutive number and your name (as in 1CMonet.jpg 2CMonet.jpg 3CMonet.jpg )
- Total emailed file for 8 paintings to be under 2M
Send Artist Member Application, bio and images to firstname.lastname@example.org. Artists will be notified of the juries decision each Spring before the annual MAPAPA meeting.